Sunday, February 6, 2011

Shadow update



Shadow Dante came home Friday afternoon. He is wearing one of those stupid collars. His butt is swollen and he has stitches. Can't count them--it's one long 'whipstitch.'

The gland is out for biopsy. I'm praying it comes back negative. Meantime, he's on a doggie version of ibuprofen and some other meds (antibiotics, I think). He doesn't have much of an appetite but I can get the meds in him with bacon or peanut butter.

He didn't want me to put Neosporin on the boo-boo, but I was able to by smushing a bunch on a paper towel and putting it under him when he sat down. I didn't have the cone on him and he tried to lick it all off.

I don't make him wear it if I'm there to tell him 'no.' He does listen.

He's very mellow and wants to be right near me or Mike all the time. My poor baby.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Thank you for coming over for a visit! I actually have made an applique bunny on a pillow which I like a lot.

    Have a good day!

    C. C.

    ReplyDelete