Thursday, October 25, 2012

Our Trip Part II

We broke up the 12-hour drive back home by stopping for two nights at our friends' home in Johnstown, PA. Maryann and Sam have a full house with another adult female, her child, and their own 3 sons and daughter! They are one big, happy family. Seriously, you should see the dinners they put out--like feeding an army. And it was all good, too!
The littles were so cute and I finally got to meet their youngest. Garrison took to me and Mike very readily, which Maryann says is not his usual way. Makes me feel special. The girls, Abi and Bri, got Mike to buy a rock from them for a buck each.

It was nice to see the older boys, Tyler and Logan, too. Hard to believe they are both teens! We enjoyed our dinnertime discussions, especially hearing Tyler's very grown up points of view.

It was also great to see Lisa, Bri's mom, again. Lisa is a very nice woman who's come out of her shell quite a bit since living with the L. family. And she was nice enough to give up her level of the house for our use for two nights.

We had one full day with the family and took a long drive to see some sights. It was fun to go to Baldinger's, a really awesome candy store. There was candy there I haven't seen in years, like Kit-Kats and candy cigarettes. I spent about $30 on candy and really cute cookie cutters. I walked out with probably 3x as much as I would have gotten in New York for the same money--including the biggest jelly beans I've ever seen!

More on the visit next post, whenever I get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment