Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Mike had a nice Father's Day today. He started with a seafood feast at his brother's house, then enjoyed some Cannoli Cake here at home. The kids gave him an awesome present, a DeWalt radio. It has all kinds of bells and whistles. It's meant to be a job-site radio, which means it should last virtually forever. I think he'll really enjoy it.

I gave him a can of pistachio nuts that I refashioned after an idea I've seen around the net. Not as fancy as the kids' gift, but we are at a point in life where we don't do extravagant gifts. He got a big kick out of it and I know he'll enjoy both the pistachios (with a place to throw the shells) and the radio! He deserves it--no set of kids could have a better father!

It is the story of my life that I have misplaced my camera, so I will post pictures of the gifts another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment