Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day and More Snow

We had another major snowstorm yesterday. First it put down about 12 inches of wet, heavy snow. Then it rained. Then it snowed again. I think we got a total of about 14 inches. 


Here's Nicky helping Mike shovel in front of our house. 

Today, the sun is shining and everything is melting like crazy. All day I keep hearing 'avalanches' falling off the roof.

It's Valentine's Day. I gave Mike a bundle of Extra Gum (he uses it all the time) with a heart that says: "You are EXTRA special to me." Mike gave me a nice card and a beautiful box of chocolates--dark  ones, my favorite. I think milk chocolate makes them too sweet. After 40-ish years together, that's plenty from either of us. I'm not even sure I feel like going out, since it's icy outside. We wouldn't go to a 'romantic' restaurant, anyway. Most of those deals are probably ripoffs. If I do go out, it will probably be to IHOP. 

So Valentine's Day is almost gone, and I never got my decorations out of the attic. It's been too bitter cold to go up there! Maybe I will be more lucky with St. Patrick's Day next month, but I'd better be able to get to my Easter decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment