Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weekend Cold

I was sick with a bad cold this weekend. Took off Saturday from work. Sunday, Michael and Katherine both came by for dinner. Mike had bought some Porterhouse Steaks on sale so we had them on the barbecue. They were amazing, as tender as butter.
I went back to work Monday night with the idea of leaving after Dr. A got there if I didn't feel 'up to it.' My voice was practically shot. Somehow, though, I stuck it out into overtime and didn't leave until 9:30. I'm really glad I have off today because I need another day to crash. I've got leftover pizza in the toaster oven for lunch. It's smoking up the house so I guess I have to clean that thing before I use it again.
James is off today. I told him he was lucky and he said, "so lucky that none of my friends are off on Tuesdays!" So I guess he's bored. I should buy a wooden bird house kit and tell him to build one for me. I would love to have birds nesting outside. That would assume, though, that one of the boys (or Mike) would climb up so that it was high enough for the birds to feel safe.
Gonna go check to see if my pizza is done. Life is not exciting. I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment