Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Stuff

Mike and I did some outdoor work yesterday. Okay, he did a LOT of work and I did a little. I finally got some potting soil into a container and added some lettuce seeds. Mike did a ton of cleaning up around the yard, plus he washed my car for me. And even did the Armor-all part! It looks goooood. Oh, and he gassed it up for me, too. Over 30 dollars (I paid that, he added extra), which makes me glad I don't drive very far.

On Friday night we went to the local diner. I was pretty flush for money (having two paychecks doubled up) and suggested trying a new place. But...suddenly I got an urge for a really good hamburger. Nobody does burgers like a diner. So we went to a favorite place and that's what I got. He tried some Greek thing. Souvlaki, I think? And he ate all of the spanoka-whatever appetizer. I'm not a big fan of spinach.

After the diner we headed to "Bob's" to look for a recliner for me. Why are they all so damned BIG????? I don't want to feel like a kid sitting in daddy's chair. The Bob-O-Pedic was very comfortable, but it was a swivel chair and I felt out of control in it. And I don't like when my feet can't touch the ground when the chair is closed.

I did really like one smaller leather recliner. It was probably a hundred more than I want to spend, but the kids still owe me a Christmas gift (which was supposed to be a chair--I just take forever to pick things out) so we can split that. I plan to look a little further but I might just end up with that chair. Maybe the cats won't try to use leather as a scratching post.

My life is very uneventful these days.

Just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment