Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Day Out East

Every once in a while, Mike has a job site around the Hamptons or out East someplace. If I'm off from work and the weather is nice, I come along for the ride. Once the job is done, we have lunch and take a nice drive.
On Tuesday, after he did a site, we had lunch at this nice place called Hampton Coffee. My sandwich, which was ham, gruyere cheese and more on Tuscan toast, was unreal it was so yummy. The house dressing for the salad was to die for, as in: there was something in it I can't describe but I wanted MORE.

Afterwards we hit a few farmstands. There aren't many left here now. I bought 4 quarts of strawberries at one where they grow their own. Not all farmstands have local fruit or vegetables, yet. I made jam when I came home.

We drove on the South Shore and I saw the Shinnecock Canal. I'm not sure I've ever seen it before. I also some a place that sold life-size statues of horses and cows and things. And a dinosaur. I can only imagine what that would cost but wouldn't it be cool in our backyard?

Mike just brought home pizza so I'm off to eat Sicilian Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment