Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fence work


Mike wanted to change the fence so that it swings outward rather than into the yard. The trouble with the outward swing is that we're on a hill, and it leaves a gap big enough for Shadow to escape. So we have to put a piece of wood and some bricks in front of it to cover the gap.

By swinging outward, the fence is over flatter ground and the gap will be much smaller. Mike and Jamie are working hard today to also level the ground near the fence. I just brought them out big glasses of orange juice.

Speaking of Shadow, I took him out for a walk this morning. He is SO FAT that the harness was making him gag--that, along with the fact he wouldn't stop pulling. We both need to get in shape so I will be walking him a little for as often as I can. I might invest in a bigger harness until he loses weight. Half of this is from him being 'fixed.' I almost wish I hadn't had it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment