Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy and Not So Happy

Happy: lunch with my good friend Sue yesterday! I had a chicken and bacon panini. We always meet at a Greek restaurant, but to tell the truth I'm not a big fan of Greek food. We always have such a good time and usually hit Michael's craft store afterwards.

Not So: Mike called me. He was in a 'fender bender' at the end of our block. Some idiot ran a red light. A red light at a school crossing--you'd think people would know better. Thank God Mike is okay and the car is drivable. We spoke very briefly on the phone but he had to cut off 'cause the cop arrived. It's also lucky it's a company car, so everything is covered. I'm sure he'll fill me in later.

We had trouble getting in touch because I was on the Wii (doing freestep) and by the time I'd get to the phone it was already at the answering machine. And we kept missing each other on our cells. But at least he got through to me. I'm going to carry the phone everywhere today in case he needs a ride. He doesn't think they'll fix the car right away so he might just bring it home again. We'll see. What a fricking hassle. (Of course, I'll take hassle over hurt any day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment