Sunday, July 29, 2012

Two Visitors

My friend Virginia came for a visit yesterday. We went to a store and I tried on six or seven dresses in search of something to wear to a wedding. It was just a 'try on for looks' day. The wedding is in September. I don't want to spend a lot because I won't wear it too many times, and it won't be the dress I wear to Katherine's wedding next year.
We did decide a v-neck with some kind of waistband looks best on me.  The color I like best was turquoise or something in that range.
After that we went to the mall and walked around, which was a good thing since we at Chinese for lunch and we were stuffed!

Then, in the nighttime, we had some surprise visitors. A mommy raccoon and her baby. (Baby was about half mom's size, but I could not get a good picture of him. I do have a video, though!)

Yes, I know they are dangerous. This is through a glass door. Mommy kept looking at me, but did not perceive me as a threat so she didn't run away. She liked the peanuts I threw out for her! I hope they visit again, but will make sure the cats are inside for the night. Melody was actually in the 'gazebo', just yards away, but they didn't get in a tussle with each other. Melody just came in nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment