Monday, November 5, 2012

Utility Trucks at Last!

We were told that the damage to our block is so bad it will take a special crew to fix it. Still, there are utility trucks up the blog and I hear chainsaws at work. At the very least they are cutting down the fallen trees!

Don't know if I posted this already, but the generator that was leant to us by my nice bil decided not to work. So Mike went off to Home Depot and happened on the last available generator. $700! But worth it, believe me, mostly to have some light and heat and to save some food.

The chest freezer downstairs kept things very cold or frozen, but things have started to thaw out. I have started taking things out and either discarding them, or cooking them if they were still icy cold. I don't have an oven or stove or microwave, but I'm using my barbecue. Browned up some ground beef today and we'll make spaghetti or something another day. I can even refreeze it in my upstairs fridge, which is working with the genny. (The power does not travel as far as the garage.)

Hanging in there, keeping busy with crafts and such. And watching DVDs!

No comments:

Post a Comment