Friday, April 5, 2013

Nick at Jury Duty

Nick was on telephone standby for jury duty at the courthouse in Brooklyn--federal, that is. Of course, he got called to come in. Mike and I put together a map and directions for him, since getting there involves the railroad and subway, in both of which he has very little experience. I dropped him off at the station to get a train that would take him in the general vicinity of the courthouse about an hour before he needed to be there. The second train would have cut it too close.
Nick told me later that finding his way was 'frustrating.' But at least he knows what he's doing now, since he might have to go back next week. He has to call Tuesday night to find out. I'm hoping 'no,' but at least now I won't worry about him getting there okay. It would surprise me if they did pick him for jury duty, since he's so young. But it would be a life's experience, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment