Sunday, April 14, 2013

Update

Okay, Nick wasn't chosen this time around. Probably because it was a cop-killer trial and they want people with more 'life's experience' for something so serious.

On Thursday, Katherine, Michael and I met at our favorite sushi restaurant. I had 'Spring Jamie' rolls (ha, since I have a son named Jamie) and sushi made with sweet potatoes. Both were out of this world. As usual, I had a great time with my kids. Katherine and I went shopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond after that.

Mike and I hit Home Depot the other night. Mike brought home white rocks and cedar mulch to put around the trees. He also picked up 4 really heavy bags of potting soil for me. I have opened one and used it to fill a big container in which I've planted lettuce. I also filled some peat pots which are sitting in my kitchen window with seeds for tomatoes and cauliflower. I'm hoping that by starting indoors I'll have better luck this year than I usually do. I'm trying for heirloom tomatoes!

I also planted sunflowers in some coffee cans! It would be cool if I could get some big ones!

Today Mike and I are meeting his brother and family and Uncle Jimmy to celebrate Uncle Jimmy's birthday at Outback. I don't really feel like going out but I figured it's better than sitting at the computer all day. And I'm in the mood for one of the 'wedge' salads.


No comments:

Post a Comment