Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Atlantic City

My bil got us two nights free in Atlantic City, at Bally's. We went with John, Noreen and our nephew John Joseph. We were there from Monday to today. I enjoy the slots, and we allow ourselves a certain amount to play with. I was up and down and up...but stayed within my 'budget.' I said as long as I came home with $20 in my wallet, I was happy. If you allow that the room would have cost us $400, and we barely lost half of that, we still came out ahead.

Frankly, if you go to Atlantic City thinking you're going to make money, you're nuts. I found two machines that let me win quite often (and got upset if someone else was sitting there!), and it's the thrill of winning that makes me happy, not the money.

Of course, there's a beautiful beach and a nice boardwalk! We walked along it each day and hit the beach yesterday. I can say I got my feet wet by the Atlantic Ocean this year, LOL!

Here is the view of a sunset outside our window. 

We enjoyed ourselves so much that Mike wants to go once a month next summer season. It's less than a four-hour drive in good traffic and we will get perks for free rooms and food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment