Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day

We had a nice barbecue for Labor Day. Mike grilled Porterhouse steaks that were out of this world delicious. Katherine brought an antipasto and a Greek salad and Michael brought donuts for dessert. I made really good  baked beans, and hope I can remember the tweaks I made on the recipe! I had also bought some beautiful tomatoes from the farmstand that we really enjoyed.

Mike had some trouble with his jaw because of a root canal last week (as of today, he's got the temporary crown and post in--it's Wednesday) so he couldn't quite enjoy himself as much. At least the steak was super tender!

It was a great way to end the summer--even though summer's still here for a few weeks. Yesterday it was in the 90s. Not too many 90-plus days this summer. I felt bad for the kids who had to start school on one of the hottest days of the year.

Of course, the kids watched "Breaking Bad."

No comments:

Post a Comment