Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Visiting Mom

Mike and I just got back from a 5-day visit with my mother, who is living with my sister and her husband, upstate. We had a nice visit and it was good to see her. She's still pretty 'with-it,' although very slow in her movements and somewhat forgetful. Example: trying to heat something up in the microwave for 11 minutes, because she pressed an extra 0. I'm glad she is not on her own and has my sister and bil to care for her. Mom's main complaint is boredom. The house is very far from the next neighbor, and both my sister and bil work all day. As I understand, though, she'll be heading down to Georgia with my other sister in a few weeks. There are more neighbors there, which should make her happy.

Here we are having lunch (we both got turkey and stuffing) at Perkin's. Not the best picture, but I doubt selfies ever are!


No comments:

Post a Comment