Sunday, May 8, 2011

Derby Winner

Some friends had a Kentucky Derby party. We all bet on horses. Of course, most of the horses I bet on (actually, 4) had names that referred to animals. "Animal Kingdom" was a surprise winner! I bet $5 on him to Show and ended up winning about $40. I just have to go to OTB to get the money. I told Mike it makes me nervous--OTB seems like a scuzzy place, since I've never set foot in one. I'm sure it isn't. But I'm still going to ask him to get the money for me.

I had to watch the race at work, between making phone calls and filling out forms. I went to the party after my job and the hostess (Roz) was nice enough to make me dinner. Since I'm not only healing from root canal and having a tooth pulled, as well as having a new broken crown on the opposite side (it never rains but it pours) I could not enjoy the steaks Mike brought. But I love hot dogs and the chicken franks were yummy. So was the ice cream cake we brought from John 's store. He made it up shaped like a horseshoe and it had chocolate peanut butter chunk ice cream in it.

We were outside and it was way too cold, but it was still a very nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment