Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring yard sprucing

Mike painted the deck this weekend. The boys and I helped him move stuff off the deck, then Jamie helped him rip up a rotted board. It looks nice and fresh. We aren't moving everything back up there so it will be less cluttered.

This week I hope there is a sunny day so the roof and sides of the gazebo can go up. I bought new netting a few months ago because last year's got all ripped--probably from the cat climbing up to sit on the canvas roof.

I probably posted this already but I planted 3 tomato plants and a cucumber plant. I have vowed to water them 2x a day if it doesn't rain. Maybe that will be the way to actually get a bumper crop this year. I want to do some canning. I did a few jars last year and no one died of ptomaine so I'm game to do more. I'll just use farmstand tomatoes if it comes down to it.

It is after 12 and I'm still in pajamas. Forgot to do a wash. But I finished the armholes on a vest I'm crocheting, started that wash and put all the dishes in the dishwasher. And wrote on my other blog. So you can do a bit in PJs, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment