Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weight Loss

I planned on only weighing myself once a week, on Sunday, but I decided just to see how I was doing yesterday. I've lost 2 pounds total now! That's not bad for 10 days! Yay!

I went to Patty's with Mike yesterday to get my hair cut. Patty told me Mike said he was very proud of me. I could tell he was impressed when I told him about the weight loss, but he didn't say much to me about it. Frankly, it means more that he's bragging about me to other people. I think he's even more impressed that I'm sticking to this. I'm not much of a stick-to-it-er. I keep thinking of all the other things I'd rather be doing.

This is the last day of week 2 and I still have 16 weekly points left. I had extra food yesterday because I had so many weekly points to use up. Today, I need to hit the farm stand or at least get some fruit at the grocery store.

My other plan-of-action is using my new WW cookbook. I picked out one recipe from each section to try in the next week or so. I have a huge grocery list, mostly produce.
I had all the ingredients (except blueberries, alas) to make sour cream coffee cake. It costs me 6 points but it is really good. I had it twice yesterday and for breakfast today. Next time I'll have to be sure to put fruit in it, too. Somehow I have a plethora of strawberries but no blueberries in the freezer!

Mike is out putting gas in my car (a chore I hate) and I am getting him iced coffee. Signing off for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment