Monday, September 5, 2011

Cemetery

Mike and I took a ride out East today (Labor Day) and paid a visit to our dads' graves. It took a bit to find my father's, since the section was not clearly marked. I cleaned the weeds up a bit around it. It's a brass plate flat on the ground.
In the newer sections, there are marble headstones that stand up. This is what Mike and Marta have. Mike Sr. died in 2002 and Marta in 2005. It was a beautiful day, and we stopped at a diner for lunch afterwards.

Saturday night we went to Patty's and Marks for burgers and franks. It was an informal, pleasurable evening. I had my haircut there on Friday, with pizza after. So, between that and work, there hasn't been a lot of  'do nothing' time. I told Mike I hope there is NOTHING going on next weekend.

I also have to accept that Rocky the Ferret is gone. I haven't seen him in over a week. Did he sneak out the garage door early in the morning when Mike was doing things around the time of the hurricane? I don't know, but he's not here. I think he would have come out of the wall by now if he was there. I still think I heard him, but maybe it was something that sounded very like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment