Friday, September 2, 2011

Rocky is missing

Rocky, my ferret, sometimes sleeps in the closet downstairs.  He was in there the night before the hurricane. I have not seen him since. 

I have put out food for him because sometimes he hides in the garage if he can get in there. But he hasn't eaten any of it. I'm afraid the door was open and he got out. I've checked around the outside and under the deck.

But I'm more certain he's inside the walls somewhere. There's a hole behind an old sink in the laundry room. I swear I have heard him snoring in there. He has a very distinctive snore! But he has not yet come out. I heard him for a brief time yesterday, too. I even pulled some of the paneling away from that hole so he has a way to get out. 

Mike thinks he might be coming out at night, but I just don't know. Ferrets do sleep 20+ hours a day. But he has never gone AWOL this long! I don't even want to think he got out in the storm and a dog or  raccoon got him. Not that he wouldn't put up a fight!




No comments:

Post a Comment