Sunday, October 9, 2011

Ohio, October 1

I'm writing this more than  a week later but want to document my trip to Ohio with Mike.

We set out about 4:30 in the morning. We do this because it means there won't be as much traffic in NYC when we cross the George Washington Bridge.

This is the first year since we've had kids that we went by ourselves. None of the kids could get off from work, although Jamie said he would have come if he'd known about it. I would swear I told him. Then again, Nicky wasn't coming, so Jamie would probably have been bored most of the time. Who knows?

The weather and traffic held up for us, even with a bit of rain, and we made it in about 11 hours. We had expected to arrive at dinner time but got there by 3! Needless to say, Mom was surprised!

We had beef stroganoff for dinner and it was really delicious. There was also a salad with tomatoes from my mother's garden. She's a whiz at growing things. I did NOT inherit that gene.

No comments:

Post a Comment