Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cribbage

Michael came today, as usual, for Sunday dinner. We sometimes play Scrabble or Jeopardy on the Wii. Today, we played Cribbage. It was fun teaching him something new. It's possible we played it years ago when he was a kid, but he had forgotten it all. Despite me being the teacher and him the student, he won! I'm glad to have a Cribbage partner, as it is a favorite game and no one else I know plays it.

Mike's brother John gave him a HUGE container of big, fat cashew nuts. I put two quarts' worth in the freezer and vacuum-sealed four more quart jars of them. I have put some aside to send to my mother and have two ready-to-use jars, too. I'm going to have to come up with a cookie recipe or two to use some of these! It was a nice surprise, and I read today that  people who eat nuts five times a week tend to live longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment