Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What's New

I am not very good about keeping up with this blog. What is new is this:

I went for my second set of  'trigger point' shots which are supposed to help my back. I had five of them! Dr. L says the muscle where I have pain is smaller and weaker than the other side. I believe it.

Good news! I am up to 14.5 pounds of weight loss! Hopefully I won't gain much over the weekend, since Noreen and family put on a great Thanksgiving spread--which happens tomorrow.

I gave Dr. A a bootie and hat set for the baby. She just loved it. The hat was lavender with a white flower on the side and braided ties, with matching lavender booties with braided drawstrings. It was a lot of fun to make, but now I have to concentrate on Christmas projects.

Michael comes over every Sunday, but recently he went shooting with Mike and Jamie. Mike is very happy to find out the old WWII-era rifle he has from his father is worth over a thousand dollars! They had a good time shooting, although they weren't fully aware of the rules when they got in. It was a cease-fire and the guy got mad because they were opening their cases. They weren't going to shoot, of course! But I supposed safety is such an issue they don't even what you to THINK about your guns.
They've never done this before and it must have been a great father-sons moment. I wish Nicky could have gone. But I'm very glad about Jamie, who doesn't get out as much as I wish he would.

On another Sunday, I taught Michael how to play cribbage, which is one of my favorite card games. Michael picked it up very readily and won the game.

Jamie's news is that his big lawsuit check came in. He put it in the bank until he can decide what to do with it. I wish he and Katherine and Erick could get together on a home!

Katherine's wedding gown is hanging on the back of my office door. I told her to check with Davis Bridal because I'm afraid that hanging it for a year will make it stretch out of shape. Nothing at all else is ready regarding this wedding, but we've got the gown!

Nicky got a group of his friends together to 'finish off' cleaning the downstairs. They went out and bought a futon, so now he has a nice little gaming area. I like it when they come here to play their video games. I especially like that they no longer 'take over' our upstairs TV!

Mike went to jail today. Ha, ha, just kidding. His insurance company is one of the ones involved in the building of a new jail out in Yaphank. He visits once a month to check on their progress.

We went to a cousin's child's wedding last week. I didn't think I'd enjoy myself, but I actually did. Except that you can't hear when the band is playing! I haven't seen the groom since he was a baby. Danny is about Michael's age. His bride was adorable.

I'm sure there is more news but this is getting too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment