Sunday, November 6, 2011

Whoopie

When I went to Ohio last month, the one thing I knew I had to bring home was Whoopie Pies. It's all Katherine wanted, and I did find them at a little Amish store.

My mother called me tonight to tell me my Aunt Mary (that would be Katherine's great aunt) found a whoopie pie pan in a catalog and bought it for her. It's coming in the mail this week.

The conversation went like this:

"Sorry I missed your call, I was at work last night."

"Well, the main reason I called is to tell you Mary bought Katherine a whoopie pan."

Me, thinking of a whoopie cushion: "a what?????" (Why in the heck would my daughter need a whoopie cushion? Is this some kind of weird mid-western wedding tradition?)

Mom: "A whoopie pan! You know, those things Katherine wanted!"

Me: "OH! You mean a pan to make Whoopie Pies!"

Mom: "Yes!"

And we're both cracking up. My aunt got all excited when she saw it in the catalog and ordered one. I'm not going to tell Katherine about it so it's a fun surprise when she opens it.

At least it isn't a whoopie cushion...

No comments:

Post a Comment