Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Reception

The reception was beautiful, as was the bride. My friend's son looked very handsome, and his mom (Virginia) knocked my eyes out  she was so pretty yesterday. Really, movie-star pretty! She said, "I clean up pretty good, don't I?"
I had duck a l'orange for dinner and Mike had shrimp and salmon. My duck was delicious, something I'd  never make at home.
Mike and I were glad there were plenty of slow songs to dance to, as we don't do the fast thing. I used to, but now I just feel clutzy. They invited all the married couples on the floor at one point and asked people to leave according to how long they were married. Of course, Alec and Jenn left first. Finally, it was down to four couples and the host was counting into the twenties. Mike and I were one of the four, and the other three couples were at least in their 70s, or older! The host kept looking at us as he was calling out numbers and I kept shaking my head at him. Finally, he skipped from 30 to 32, and I told him, "31 years." He made everyone clap for us. I think the long-lasting couple on the floor was married 47 years! Good for them. They got a bouquet.

Speaking of flowers, we did a 'pass the buck' game for the centerpiece. Virginia's mom won, but she let me have the arrangement. They had to go back to Oregon in a few days, so there would be no carrying a heavy vase and flowers. Here it is, making this today's '366 pic':

No comments:

Post a Comment