Friday, January 3, 2014

Blizzard!

We got the first big snowstorm of 2014 overnight. It started about 6 p.m. yesterday and just finished a short while ago. It was definitely a blizzard, with high winds up to 50 mph. I think we got 6-8 inches, although the wind made higher drifts.

Of course, we had to take care of our backyard friends!

This little guy is sitting in a pot (where I have tulips planted!) that is about 8 inches deep. He looks like he's digging himself out of an avalanche! 

My mom celebrated her 91st birthday yesterday. We had a nice conversation on the phone. She told me a neighbor shoveled out her driveway. She opened the door and told him, "I'm 91 years old today and this is the best present I've got!" She can't drive now but has plenty of friends to take her places. She's slowing down, with failing eyesight and hearing, but her brain is still pretty sharp. Hope I'm like that if I live to be 91!

No comments:

Post a Comment