Sunday, May 25, 2014

Diversion

Mike and I went to John and Noreen's house for a barbecue, since it is Memorial Day tomorrow. I thought it would be a nice diversion for us, and it was. Ate too many chicken wings.

But it was hard to come home. When I walked in the house, and it was so quiet, I got choked up. Mike went to a soccer game and when he was gone I just lost it completely. That's been happening a lot. I keep looking down at the floor as if I'm going to see Shadow there. I want him back so much.

Uncle Jimmy asked if I'd get another dog and I told him, 'no.' I can't go through this again. But how I wish I could see a wagging tail and a happy dance again...

...and I'm about to lose it once more. It's hard to believe how many tears a body can produce.

Shadow and me a few Christmases ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment