Sunday, January 25, 2015

59 Today

Today is my 59th birthday. Hard to believe I've almost completed 6 decades of life. My sister posted a picture of me as a baby on Facebook:

I'm about a year old here, I think. I was cute up to about age 3, and it's all been downhill since.

Mike, Katherine and Michael took me to Catfish Annie's for dinner. James had to work and Nick is at a gaming convention somewhere in Maryland. He left Friday and should be back tomorrow. It is a worry because there is a blizzard headed our way that is supposed to be a 'record breaker.' It isn't supposed to get heavy until 5 pm tomorrow, so I hope Nick and his friends are safely home by then.

I had lobster tails and shrimp cocktail for dinner, plus some cookies and cream cake Katherine brought that said "Happy Birthday Mum" on top. The kids gave me a  new office chair that I'm using at the moment--so much nicer than my old, broken one! Plus Mike gave me a $50 Bed, Bath and Beyond card. And Katherine gave me Lindt chocolates.

A very enjoyable day!

No comments:

Post a Comment