Monday, January 26, 2015

Winter Storm 2015

I think they even gave it a name, like a hurricane! As of 10 pm, this is what it looks like out my back window:

It's hard to tell, but the snow is already several inches deep and the wind is crazy.

Real blizzard conditions are supposed to happen overnight, and we could get 30 inches of snow. They're predicting about 2 inches per hour. The railroads and roads will be shut down at 11 pm to all but emergency vehicles. I really don't know who'd want to be out in this at night!
I was so worried about Nick getting home today, but Amtrak was running on time and he made it home by about 6 p.m., not bad at all.
I kind of like this weather, as long as I know my family is safe and there's plenty of food and heat. We have a generator but I'm hoping we won't need it. Since it's impossible to go anywhere, I don't feel my usual guilt about sitting around doing my crafts. Not that I should anyway, but I do.
Will try to update tomorrow morning, if we don't lose power...

No comments:

Post a Comment