Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Visit

Mike and I drove upstate this past weekend to attend a wedding at my sister's house. It was for my niece Jessica and her husband, Than. They were already married in Colorado but wanted to do something with the family. (Than is pronounced Tahn, rhyming with John.)
Meanwhile, it was also a chance to visit my siblings, some nieces and nephews, and most of all, Mom McNally. Since Mom now lives with my sister, I have 'inherited' a few things from the house she recently sold. "A few" isn't quite correct--the boxes, plus an old sewing machine, took up most of the back of Mike's car:

My sister Susan took this photo of Mom and me, the night before the wedding:

She looks good for 92! Susan and Martha both tell me she is really showing signs of her age. She is virtually blind and deaf, although if she hears you she can carry on a short conversation just fine. I don't think there's anything wrong with most of her brain. I'm still rooting for her to live to be 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment