Sunday, August 30, 2015

Speaking of Aunts

I found out yesterday that my mother's sister-in-law, my Aunt Barbara, passed away. She had been in and out of ill health for a long time. She was a very sweet lady, married to my mother's only brother, Bob.

So now it's just my mother, Aunt Mary, Aunt Mubby (Marilyn), and Uncle Bob of that generation of my family. My father's only brother, Uncle Larry, died a few years ago and Dad has been gone for nearly 30 years now.

In a number of years, Mike and I (and our sibs and in-laws) will be the oldest generation in our families. Mike only has his Uncle Jimmy.

It's a weird thought. I want my Mom to live to 100 but she doesn't want to live that long.

On a happier note, we are off to visit my good friend Virginia, and then we're spending 2 days in Atlantic City. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment