Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tree Day


Mike, James and I went to get the tree yesterday. It's been unusually cold for early December (it's 22 degrees this morning) and Mike had the smart idea to get the tree during the day. We usually go at night, but it was so much nicer in the sunlight, which offered a little bit of warmth at least. Can you believe we picked the perfect tree on the third one? No gaps, perfect height. We don't usually get that lucky because we tend to wait too long. Mike said he saw a big truck unloading trees at Home Depot the night before, so we had some good pickin's. When I was on line, I saw a woman staring at our tree. I think she was jealous, LOL!

Nicky was at work again. I told Mike I needed to get him, and me, into a picture or people would think only Mike and James were celebrating Christmas. Mike said Jamie could take a picture of me taking the tree back down from the car...ha, ha, ha. I've been good about using my Wii Fit but I'm not THAT strong yet.

The other cool thing is that Grandma McNally's box came in the mail. I will call her today to let her know. We started a tradition a long time ago to open Grandma's gifts when we decorate the tree. It was a way to make the gifts stand out from all the others. Of course, nowadays they don't get a bazillion gifts, but that's mostly because buying gifts for adult kids is a pain in the dupa. It's hard when they can afford to buy most anything they want for themselves. There's little element of surprise.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! That is one beautiful Christmas tree- I'd be jealous of it too!!! :) Hope you've had fun decorating it!

    ReplyDelete