Sunday, July 17, 2011

Remembering Patrick

It's funny how little things will set off your memories and sentiments. I have the Create channel running. There was a quilt show on. I don't quilt so I was checking out the channel guide. Then I heard: "Albuquerque, New Mexico" and "Old Town." So, of course, I had to watch.
And I got somewhat teary-eyed. Patrick's been gone about 11 years now. But I have such fond memories of visits to the Southwest that he loved so much. There was a lady who did a take-off of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" for a quilt. Think: five turquoise rings instead of five golden ones. Patrick would have been blown away by something like that. I can imagine his voice as he marveled at such a beautiful representation of the Southwest.
He really was enthusiastic and appreciative of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment