Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Starting WW

Yesterday I took the plunge and joined Weight Watchers on-line. I plunged so fast that I did not realize there wasn't enough in my Paypal account to cover it (about 60 bucks for 3 months, not bad) but that's okay because they just took the balance (about 17 dollars) from my bank that is linked to Paypal.
It's just one of those deals where if you don't just DO it, you NEVER do it.
So far, I'm glad I did. I love the points tracker. You just look up something and type in how much of it you ate and it deducts from your daily points. I start with 27 daily points, plus I have 49 for the week extra.
I like that you can eat whatever you want if you are within your range. You just have to measure more carefully. No diet is going to work with me if I can't have my coffee in the morning. It only means that I have to stop dumping in sugar and pouring on the creamer. 1 T of sugar and 2 T of creamer works just right for me.
I also like that there is no consultant involved. I really wouldn't want to have to deal with another human being here. It's much better to me to be on my own.
I have already made myself a little index card to keep in my wallet for fast food. Mike and I love to hit Taco Bell once a week after work on Saturday. My usual taco and tostado would be about 10 points. Not bad! I need to work in lemonade, too, since I despise diet soda. It would just come out of the weekly 49, probably. And maybe I have to bring a cup to measure it out? This diet might make me look silly, but it better make me look goooood in a few months! Technically I am about 50 pounds overweight but I could lose 20 and look good. Frankly, a 50 pound weight loss would look ridiculous on me, despite what the charts say!
I forgot to post that I went to the doctor on Monday. Sat there almost 3 hours before she took me in, but I was very, very impressed with her. I have a muscle spasm which is near the sacro joint so maybe that is the deal and not sacroiliitis. Whatever, I just hope this round of medical stuff works.

No comments:

Post a Comment