Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Katherine

Katherine tells me that working in a grocery store is more interesting than people might think. She's a manager for a store that is part of a large chain. Once she even got to meet Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie when they were filming locally. Today's incident wasn't so nice.

She found a customer, a man in about his 70s, lying on the floor. While a worker called 911, Katherine talked to the man. He came around and she asked if he had any medical history, like diabetes. Yes, he said. She asked if he wanted some orange juice and he said yes. He was helped into a chair. Then he started to complain that he couldn't breathe and was turning purple.

It took too long for the ambulance to arrive and the man pretty  much died in Katherine's arms. She was really bummed about it when she called me. I said at least the guy died with people and not alone. I'm sorry for the family but also sorry my daughter had to go through that.

Frankly, I'm pretty sure they don't pay her enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment