Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day and a Communion

I made out like a bandit this Mother's Day. Between Mike and the kids I got about $500 in cash and gift cards, as well as chocolates and a gorgeous hydrangea plant! I'll be planting the hydrangea this week and hope it will bloom for a long time.

We hit our favorite restaurant, Catfish Annie's, on Thursday, since Mother's Day dining out is insane. I had twin lobsters, one of which became my lunch of Friday.

On Saturday, my nephew made his First Holy Communion. He looked so cute in his suit with the bow on his arm and a white carnation boutenierre! (I know that is misspelled!) We gave him gift cards to Toys R Us, money for his college fund and a few of the little plastic animals he likes. It was a really nice day.

Then comes Sunday, when I received all the loot mentioned above. We had a nice steak barbecue with corn muffins, salad and potato/egg salad. When Mike asked me how my Mother's Day went, I said, "it couldn't have been better!"

The flowers are a much more intense pink than the photo shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment