Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Poor Shadow

My dog Shadow Dante's breath has been horrendous, despite efforts to clean his teeth by me. I finally had him checked by the vet, and today I took him in to have them professionally cleaned. Turns out 4 of them were rotten and he had to have them pulled. He is home and seems fine, although sleepy from meds. I felt so bad for him, and the house seemed so empty without him. I'm glad to have him back with me, and hopefully the surgery will help with his mouth problems. He is not a dog who likes to chew hard things, which may be why so much tartar built up on his teeth. When I get my puppy, I will be sure to start brushing her teeth from day one. I've had other dogs but they never had a problem like this.

The vet says he should be totally fine in a few days. I have 3 different kinds of meds for him.

I also took Melody for her checkup tonight, when I went to pick up Shadow. She got 3 shots, including rabies. She's made a new friend, a cute little tabby that shows up in our back yard. I think it is feral as it will not come near me, and when I give it food it eats like it is half-starved. It's a boy and it doesn't look like it's been neutered. No prob for my girls since they are both fixed. Nutmeg does not like him, but Melody will actually lay down next to him.


Nutty goes for her checkup next week, then I am caught up! It's a lot of money for all the work but I'm glad it was finally done.

No comments:

Post a Comment