Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Crazy Snow

On Monday, March 31st, we woke up to about 3 inches of snow on the ground and it was still falling. Nobody predicted this and I felt bad for anyone stuck driving. It was that kind of wet, heavy snow that makes you miserable to be in it. (Happily for myself, I wasn't.)

Took this shot of a beautiful cardinal perched on our barbecue:


What made the day even crazier was that the temperature was in the 50s by evening!

Today, April 2nd, I took Shadow to the vet. He got his nails clipped and a lepto virus shot. The shot hurt him and I felt bad, but you do what you gotta do. I bought him an egg mcmuffin for a treat on the way home.

Later, Mike and I went to Taco Bell and then to the new Loew's they built over in Commack. It's a beautiful, big store. I treated myself to 2 (4x4) raised bed garden kits and can't wait to get those set up. I hope it means that this year, I"ll finally have some luck for growing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment