Monday, June 30, 2014

Out with the old

The kids came over yesterday and tore down the awful ceiling in our playroom. (We still call it the playroom even though it isn't used like that now--mostly it's an exercise room for Jamie and a game room for Nick. Plus the ferret has his cage there.)

I'm so glad to see it go. Unfortunately, there's also damage (probably from a mouse or two) in the original ceiling. Mike says he'll probably hire someone to redo it, since he doesn't like working with sheet rock. It may be a while, but I'm glad to not have to look at those sagging tiles and water stains!

These are before photos.
Here is Katherine after her hard work:

We had a barbecue for dinner. That's guacamole in the bowl and fresh-squeezed lemonade in the jar, both made by me. I had nothing to do with the ceiling because of my allergies, although it was cleaner than I expected. The kids wore masks and gloves. Michael and Nick helped, too. James was at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment