Friday, January 27, 2012

A few 'finished' jobs

I have a bunch of things I need to 'get to,' and today I actually tackled 2 of them. One was to clean out my fridge. I even went on Supercook.com and plugged in 'orange marmalade' so I could use it up (my mom made it and canned it!) and found a yummy-sounding chicken marmalade curry recipe I'll be making soon.

The other thing is that I've been meaning to paint my knife block. The kids gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago, and constant taking-in-and-putting-out of knives has worn off the paint. You can see the bottom half is the 'before' and the top is the 'after.' I finished it off and it looks much, much nicer! (I even painted over the metal plack because who cares who made it. 

I'm trying to do that picture a day thing, and not every picture will be very exciting. But it does document the little things that make up day-to-day life!

I'm also working on a hanging rack, which is the turquoise and black thing in the picture. When it's painted, I'm going to glue vintage thread spools on the front as 'hangers.'

.

No comments:

Post a Comment