Sunday, January 15, 2012

A friend visits

My good friend Virginia came by for a visit today. Her son is getting married and she was down here for the bridal shower. (I couldn't go because of work.) She had a lot of leftover food, so she brought it over and we enjoyed a delicious dinner of baked ziti, meatballs, a vegetable-cheese-pasta dish and salad. Plus really good garlic cheese bread and Italian bread. I'm sure my points went through the roof.
She had a light come on in her car so Mike used the diagnostic tool the kids got him for Christmas to figure it out. It is the first time he really got to use it since none of our cars have given us trouble lately (knock on wood!) so Mike had fun with it. Then he looked up on line what the reading meant:
Once he found out what the code meant, he called Erick, who explained what it was all about. Mostly, he reassured Virginia she could make the two-hour drive home safely.
We talked about a lot of things (especially weddings), and when Michael came over he and Virginia and I played a game of Scrabble. Katherine came by for dinner, too. I had Mike take a picture of me and Virginia:
All in all, it was a wonderful day with a very good old friend (not that she's old)!

No comments:

Post a Comment